UGH. that was such a shitty, long trip. yes yes, it’s my fault for packing too much. but oh! the things i’ll wearrrrr.
it’s been a year. here are 5 things living in korea has highlighted:
1) i like subtlety in impact, glamour and opulence slightly restrained. head-to-toe color. pattern mixing. earrings only. one focal point is enough. sometimes, you are enough.
2) i understand comfort and casual now. working a (semi) real job, experiencing real world stress, i learned to say “fuck it.”
3) i’ve gained 10 lbs. and i’m starting to get the hang of “sexy.”
4) i love americana and texanism. aesthetics, values, small talk. i’m really proud of where i came from, not where and what people perceive me to be constructed of.
5) i learned how to listen. to really listen. what has been wasted on my lazy english ears? what have i missed or dismissed?
that’s not everything and there’s no way i could do it justice in words. and i have so many! but you know, i’m really happy. i wonder if any of these things going on in my hyper-active mind managed to manifest in pictures as of late, but i feel it. i really do.