tags: buyer's remorse, coat, dress, heart, olive, print, shirt, stripe, white
regrettable purchases of 2011
that outburst was to my would-be husband. currently i imagine him to have a rather charming and archaic name and to be very not asian.
anyway, it’s funny how when i want to get rid of things on my hanger/wall of shame that i often think “aw no…didn’t i once love you for a reason? can’t we make this work afterall?”
the answer should always be a resounding no, though its never an easy one.
1) as in love as i am with the faux fur collar, i just never came around to the olive color and it never fails to turn me off.
2) impulse buy, it looked great at the time but i hardly ever know what to pair it with. it’s a little too costume-y and all i do is stare at it. i’ve worn it twice in the past 3 months.
3) impulse buy, out of necessity. the stripes don’t line up. i am so annoyed at myself for not catching it.
4) adore that neckline, but the bow is too wilty and i think it’s too childish now.
5) augh i’m such a heart whore, i buy them fast and easy, and then i’m stuck with cheap ass quality that i can no longer stand. it puckers, it’s not long enough to tuck in, it wrinkles disgustingly around the embroidery. it’s infuriating.
and do you know what these all have in common? they were all cheap or on sale. HMMMMM. the sooner i get rid of these, the better. i can’t believe i won’t be able to ebay for another 6 months. lord help me.
sigh. the war is far from over.